1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Friday, April 9, 2010

bits and pieces of this week.

so--in the past 2 days i have had a MILLION blog ideas. well, maybe not quite a million, but close enough to it. let me try and limit this entry to only the thoughts in my head that would be worth sharing:
1. on monday, i overheard pieces of a conversation that some patients were having. a few elderly ladies were sitting in our dilation area, and discussing their husbands. it was heartbreaking, i walked up in time to hear one say, "he's been gone a year, next month. it was so hard to believe when it happened, just weeks before he was tending to the lawn and doing yard work, being so active." another piped in, "i'm so sorry. my husband has been in the hospital for a number of weeks and i don't know if i'll ever get to bring him home. its hard because i love him so much, i don't want to see him there." it really hit me hard, bringing a lump to my throat while i stood in the middle of the hallway. don't get me wrong, i'm not oblivious to the fact that we all get old and death is something that no one in the history of the world has been able to dodge. but listening to these women discuss losing their true love--it hit a spot in my heart. it makes me want to know more of their stories. did they be sure to never take that person for granted? did they know to cherish every moment and take every opportunity to make a normal everyday memory into a special one? i'm just curious. do i do those things? do you?

2. a guy under the age of 60 flirted with me a little today at the hospital. let me explain why that's exciting: i work at an ophthalmology office. meaning eye surgeons. meaning that while we do a lot of lasik surgeries for 20something year olds, we do way more glaucoma lasers and cataract surgeries. what age group does that target? 60+...so usually, the standard line i hear at the hospital is from a toothless elderly man asking me to come home with him so i can administer his eyedrops. {oh, romance.} so imagine my grin and blushing cheeks when a cute {20-30something} drug rep kept bumping into me today {on purpose i think!}, and he then told a surgical assistant that he and i had "had a moment". when the surgical assistant told me he'd said that, and that he was out in the hall way, and that i should talk to him before i left, it only made me blush and try to avoid him more. ha! but--he did see me as i was trying to sneak out the door, and he called from down the hall, "i didn't get to get your name!" i told him my name and then i left. i am horrible at this dating thing.
3. i am getting more and more certain of what i'm looking for in my next relationship. i just need to take this opportunity to put it into words. i want someone who will know when to scoot closer to me and squeeze my hand, and know when to sit back and let me be my own person. i want them to postpone the first kiss as long as possible, yet make me wish every date that THAT day is the day it will finally happen. i want them to love going out and having a fun time, but all the while loving Jesus more than anything. i need someone who understands that in many different ways and meanings, i am a mess, but will love me for it anyway.
4. i am convinced that the girls i have in my 11th-12th grade church group are the most amazing girls. i am learning so much from them! they are incredible and i am so blessed to have the chance to have my voice heard in their worlds. last night, talking with them about Jesus--i must say, that was the highlight of my week! their views and thoughts and hurts and joys are so very unique. it is nothing short of a blessing that i have the chance to be a part of their lives.

i think that's enough for one blog entry. i need to save SOMETHING for next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment