1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Friday, July 20, 2012

In Tribute

Words cannot express how my heart hurts for the families and friends of those lost in the Colorado tragedy. At work, I just kept getting a lump in my throat each time I thought about it -- so I swallowed the lump, blinked tears out of my eyes, and said a prayer.

Upon coming home, all of my emotions released, and I just could not stop crying. It shocked me that I was so invested in the lives of these families I'd never met, and these friends I'd never been acquainted with. I wasn't sure why I was so upset. And I felt anger - not at anyone particular, I don't think - and certainly not at God. But I was still, nonetheless, angry.

The events brought back emotions and pain from April 16, 2007, when a friend of mine lost her life at Virginia Tech. I think that for that reason, I feel so intensely for the persons who lost loved ones in Colorado.

In memory of all those who lost their lives, and all those who are left here to miss and love them...

{via @twloha, @davebarnesmusic on twitter}

No comments:

Post a Comment