1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Saturday, April 28, 2012

yes, i'm alive..

well hello there!
how are you? how is your life, what is God teaching you? what neat things have you found on pinterest this week?

i've decided to break my silence and finally catch you up on the last 2 months' happenings :) i can't really offer a good excuse as to why i haven't been blogging, except that i haven't really used my computer for much of anything lately. i've finally today sat down and sorted through facebook requests, twitter followers, and pinterest ideas.

major things that have happened since my last post:

1. i started a new job!
i accepted a position closer to home at southside eye care, and am really excited about it. i've been here almost 2 months and i have learned so much. i actually made a pair of prescription sunglasses a few weeks ago! cut the lenses, and everything :) i'm working with patients a lot more now, doing all of their exam work-up prior to them seeing the doctor. i love it! i get to chat with my patients more, and i love spending that time with them.
{note: i really, really miss my friends from the other job though. not a day goes by that i don't miss my scribe support system girls!}

2. after 3 long years, i have a boyfriend!
i am dating my best friend, and while i'm still working through what a dating relationship should look like (for me/us), it's going great. it's kind of a long story, and i will spare you the lengthy explanation/back-story. short version: we've been friends for years and i finally allowed myself to open my mind to the idea that we could be more. the biggest adjustment for me is trying not to be SO independent. it is strange for me to have someone else around. ha! for so long it's what i longed for, and now that i have it, i'm so lost on how to handle it! it's a learning process, and i love it.

3. my sister AND my brother are in relationships now, too!
i've known jill's boyfriend for years, and i love him to pieces. i've been rooting for this coupling for a while now. they have been best friends for a long time as well and it was only a matter of time. :) i'm meeting lee's girlfriend tomorrow, and i'm very excited. she seems beautiful in multiple ways. and whatdya know?! all 3 of us are dating our best friends.

4. um..i'm not sure if this is exciting, but i'm ending "the best year of my life" on tuesday!
my cousin, maggie, who is 4 years older than me, told me when she turned 24 that it would be "the best year of her life." i looked forward to 24 with such anticipation for the best year of my own life; and i must say, it didn't disappoint! i wouldn't say it was the BEST year, but i have grown in so many ways and learned so much. in 3 days, i hit the big 25. and to quote jessica simpson (which is something i don't make a habit of):
"..25..it's almost mid-twenties, which is almost 30."
whoa.

catch up with me on twitter or pinterest! hope to post again soon <3


No comments:

Post a Comment