1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Potlucks and Challenges

This week's post is a little late, and for that I apologize. It has been one long, crazy week! I have been brainstorming some ideas and think I have found some cool ideas for making this blog of mine a little more interesting, and I am very excited to get the ball rolling.

First off, I read the COOLEST blog today. If you haven't come across it already, GO BROWSE THROUGH IT. It is called The Pollock Potluck...and it is super cute. Ashley went to my youth group and was a few years ahead of me in school; I always thought she was just the prettiest, most put-together girl. But seriously, I remember she got a senior superlative in my freshman yearbook, and I thought she was like, the coolest. I barely knew her, but knew she was someone I aspired to be like one day. Her blog, in a nutshell, makes me STILL want to be like her. She is a dedicated wife, amazing mama, and sweet sister in Christ. Her posts are humorous, and her how-tos are super relatable {see the stove-top cleaning post}. Overall, its just a good read...so turn off the Golden Globes and go browse through.

***

On another note, I heard a really cool acronym {for lack of a better description} in church today. It was a review of what the students learned last week, but Joe and I weren't there. {Joe and I, after serving in youth for almost 4 years, are finally getting to attend our OWN adult Sunday school class, once a month! First Sunday of every month we get to connect with other young couples at our church, and I couldn't be more excited! :)} Our friend Tom had taught last week, and he shared with the students a challenge for 2013:

2 = Make TWO friends.
0 = Have ZERO tolerance for caplacency.
1 = Live for an audience of ONE...God.
3 = Share the gospel with THREE people.

I am excited to challenge myself with this! Are you willing to take the challenge?

Have a wonderful week, friends. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment