1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Saturday, October 22, 2011

early morning saturday thoughts.

6 little thoughts i have this morning, and one big one:

- i am a genius for making coffee this morning. usually i talk myself out of needing it but i didn't today and it's delicious. especially with my peppermint mocha creamer!

- i have a lengthy to-do list today! clean, laundry, do hair, photo shoot with beth to help her find new locations for shoots, more tidying, grocery shopping...and then, my favorite!...9th and 10th grade girls' bonfire at my house tonight. i am so stinkin' excited.

- what in the world am i going to wear to do these photos? its chilly and my fall wardrobe is NOT extensive.

- i need a money tree...because i have ideas to help my non-extensive wardrobe but it involves having spending money...which is hard to come by as a single girl with a car payment, rent, bills, etc.

- i normally am one to dislike christmas-y things exercised too early; but i have christmas music on right now. i'm cold, i'm drinking coffee, and have cranberry candles burning...it just seems okay this morning.

- on a more serious note, i am trying to remind myself this week that God does have a plan for me, and that each and every season that i weather has a purpose and a lesson to be learned. it seems like i have heard a lot of people say to me this week, "i don't understand why you're single. you shouldn't be organizing your schedule around {insert "to-do's" here: babysitting, working late, helping out with something}...you should be spending time with a boyfriend. you're a good catch, why aren't you dating? how are you not married yet?" let me say, i've come to a point of happiness and being content with where God has me right now...but! it is kind of depressing to hear those questions repeated over and over. it's hard to not question, "yeah, God, why?" i won't even lie and say it's hard to not question...i do question God! and that's okay. but i need to be okay with knowing that just because i question it doesn't mean it's going to change, and that God's plans and thoughts for my life are bigger and better than my mind can comprehend. and although i want to understand, i am SO GLAD that my God's processes can not be understood by my little peanut brain.

have a wonderful saturday loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment