1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Sunday, October 16, 2011

weekend wind-down.

*10/18/11 update* my dad got an awesome shot of The Point during worship..my brother is playing guitar on the far right side of the stage...and look what lyrics happen to be in the photo!

---

hello friend!
thank you for coming back to check out my blog. and if this is your first visit, welcome. :)

how was everyone's weekend? i don't know where you are as you read this, but virginia weather isn't done justice when i say that the last few days were GORGEOUS. i was able to spend time in the mountains, in charlottesville, and i just fell in love with the scenery all over again.

here are some things that have been on my mind/in my heart the past few days:

- i visited my cousin's store {penelope} in charlottesville and LOVED everything in there. but i fell in love with these particular bracelets: and they had a few different verses to choose from. i looked for one with the word  "grace" {a concept God has been lovingly teaching me for the last 3 years} but couldn't find one...but there were plenty of other beautiful scriptures.

- there's nothing that i love more than going on a road trip alone. its in those sweet moments that i get to have "me" time with my two passions: music...and God. driving through the mountains is the ideal place for turning on a worship song about how great our God truly is...nothing is more mind-blowing. while still in charlottesville, amidst the blue ridge mountains, i got to visit my brother's church and sing the following lyrics: "oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth? the heavens declare Your greatness; the oceans cry out to You; the mountains they bow down before You. so i'll join with the earth and i'll give my praise to You."
**speaking of church! if you live in the charlottesville area and are searching for a church home, try out The Point! {shout-out to pastor gabe for preaching an AMAZING sermon today.}

- i was able to spend saturday evening with two of my best friends: nick and beth hamilton. {beth was introduced in the last post.} they are newlyweds {married in april} and both were very dear friends to me long before that wedding: him being my best guy friend, and her being the amazing, godly, beautiful, and inspiring older sister that i never had. beth actually attended the university of virginia, so i was able to be given a tour of the uva campus at night, which can be summarized in one word: beautiful.

- I MISSED MY GIRLS! being at the point meant i missed my own church service, and i missed my 9th and 10th grade girls. BUT. i heard an amazing message about being in God's will, and surrendering to His plan, which is so what i needed to be hearing. His plan is ALWAYS better than mine; His thoughts are SO MUCH more thorough than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment