1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

7-9: i have some catching up to do!

i owe you an apology: i have neglected my days of thanks the last couple of days. i'm sorry. :(

it's been a busy week so far! but without further excuses, here they are, numbers 7-9.

-7-
i am thankful for my puppy.
{meet callie!}
i have had an obsession with weenie pups for..forever. {refer to my pinterest board!} i just think their little legs, noses, and ears are the cutest thing. about 2.5 years ago, i went through a rough break-up and was relying heavily on time with friends to get me through. a good friend of mine called to cancel our plans, saying that another friend of ours had given her a dog he'd found, and she was trying to find a home for it; she didn't want to leave the dog alone at her apartment. sort of annoyed that my plans had just gotten cancelled, i asked her what kind of dog it was. when she said, "dachshund," i felt a child-like giddiness well up in me. it took a few days, but eventually she was mine. {note: she was "mine" for a matter of just a few days..she ended up living at my parents' house and became BFF with my daddy! men always end up loving those little doggies!} she's a sweet, sweet girl and i love her so much! she's a perfect asset to our family and she was the best rebound relationship ever ;)

-8-
i am thankful for the ability to laugh at myself/be goofy.
{working the youth lock-in around 2am, summer 2010. notice, this one didn't need to be as big as the other pics:)}
i am a goob. beth posted this on facebook with a caption saying something about posting it while i was out of town, so that i couldn't un-tag it. when i finally saw it, i laughed so hard and thought it was so funny that there was no way i could un-tag it. i am so thankful that Jesus puts JOY in my heart and LAUGHTER in my life!

-9-
i am thankful for God's GRACE!
{"adult vbs" notes from last summer}
i love, love, LOVE the concept of God's grace! i could never in a million years express how much i am so very thankful for the availability of grace in my life! His grace covers me..even when i don't deserve it. it covers YOU..even when you don't deserve it. reading my "crazy love" book still with my accountability partner, bess..i came across this quote from francis chan: "in the midst of our failed attempts at loving Jesus, his grace covers us." i love that!
Lord, i am so thankful for your grace. i am so thankful for what i have been spared from, what i have gotten but didn't deserve, and for what you are saving me for..all by way of your amazing grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment