1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

my first guest-post!

so i told you a few weeks back that i'd come across this amazing little site that i fell in love with: the small things blog. and i told you that i intended on emailing kate, blogger of all things small {and amazing and creative!}..because i was fairly certain that she and i were supposed to be friends.

amazing little thing: she asked to do a guest post! my response was, "i'm semi-new at this, and have no idea what that means, but yes!" so without further rambling from me, i give you: the guest-posting.

Hi! I'm Kate from The Small Things Blog! I have "met" Anna online through blog connections and I'm excited to be guest posting on her blog today!

She and I have a lot in common with our love for makeup, hairstyling, and fashion. But more importantly, we have been blessed to realize that our worth, our value, does not come from these things. While it is okay to enjoy them, we must not fixate on them. Or place them above our relationship with Christ.

It took me awhile to be "okay" with my job as a hairstylist. I absolutely love what I do, but I struggled with the vanity of it. "Am I doing the right thing?" was the question that forever plagued me. Through many talks with the Lord and my husband, then my boyfriend, my heart changed about my job. The Lord gave me this gift, and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. And instead of focusing on how it might look like I'm in a vain career, instead I should focus on the people I meet and the opportunity to love them!

So I want to offer a little encouragement to you: don't push away your passions because you don't understand how they fit into your life. Pursue them. Enjoy them. Use them! Don't underestimate God's ability to use them for His Glory.

Come check out my blog for hairstyle tutorials, makeup tips, and the occasional outfit post!


This is one of my favorite outfits for fall! Grey + white + denim. You can't go wrong!

Thanks Anna for letting me be a guest on your blog today!

thanks kate! your post reminds me of a tweet i read today: my favorite musician {dave barnes} re-tweeted an andy stanley quote: "God may choose to showcase His power on the stage of your weakness." just another way to look at God taking something you think he can't use, and using it to bring glory to Himself.


2 comments:

  1. Love love love! I follow Kate's blog like I drink my coffee!! And I have recently stumbled up your blog, and it has surely become a favorite of mine. It is SO great and SO encouraging to see ladies who KNOW who and where their identity comes from!! Keep being a blessing to others yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Kate's blog. Found her a few weeks ago and look forward to her updates every day. She is amazing at what she does. Thanks for sharing this and reminding us about the gifts that God gives us and how we are supposed to use them in our lives. I have to remind myself daily about this in my job as well.

    ReplyDelete