1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Sunday, November 20, 2011

good things come in threes, right?

{..actually i think the saying is that bad things happen in threes..but we're going to just overlook that.}

weekends seem like both the easiest and hardest times to blog; easy when i'm home all weekend, and harder when i have plans that keep me away from the house and my laptop. the past few days fall into that latter category, so i am making up for friday's and yesterday's in today's post.

there are no photos today, only my very real feelings of thanks for these blessings tonight:

-18-
i am thankful for a God who cares when i hurt and when i cry. he cares about the little things that are so specific to me, that no one else can understand them.

"what's the price of a pet canary? some loose change, right? and God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! so don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. you're worth more than a million canaries." -matthew 10:29-31 {the message}

-19-
i am thankful for godly women in my church who are my support system. these women pray for me and invest in me and i would not be where i am and have the faith that i do without their backing.

-20-
i am thankful for God's master plan. i don't understand it and sometimes that really irks me. but i find that when i feel the most frustrated in life, reminding myself that "God's got this!" is reassuring. its hard to swallow, but if i say it enough then i remember to believe it. my status on facebook tonight isn't just a challenge to myself, it's a challenge to anyone who reads it:

God has a plan. {repeat}

No comments:

Post a Comment