1 peter 3:4

"cultivate inner beauty--the gentle, gracious kind
that God delights in.the holy women of old were
beautiful before God that way.." -1 peter 3:4

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

eyeballs and boots.

hello, hello! how's your week going, friend?

i'm curious, is anyone doing this "thanks for something every day" challenge too? i challenged my girls last week to try it; i'm looking forward to hearing from them tomorrow. their spin on life always makes me think :)
since my monday was a little hectic yesterday, i need to make up for missing a blog. lucky you, you get 2 entries in 1!
 
 
-14-
i am thankful for having a JOB! and one that i love, at that!
{dr. e and me! summer 2010. dang, i need to go tanning again..}

for those of you who don't know, i work as an ophthalmic chairside assistant at tidewater eye centers. i've been there for about two and a half years; and since i started, i've been assigned to the same doc: dr. edmonds. where he goes, i go. what he does, i do {or assist with, anyway!}. in fact, if you're reading this and are curious about lasik, give us a call! we do it all: cataracts, glaucoma, lasik, and basic eyecare.

sure, there are days i want to throw in the towel. and days that i get a little crazy and cranky. and days that i am too easily frustrated. and days that the sight of a clinic schedule makes me want to cry. and days that..well, you get the picture. but..how blessed am i to have a job in today's economy? and not just a job..but one where i truly love who i work with, and where i have the satisfaction of knowing i'm helping patients? every job has it's frustrations; mine, as of lately, have revolved around the recent transition to electronic medical records. so it's weird that i like coming home and blogging, because i get so angry at computers all day! :)

bottom line: i'm thankful for my wonderful bosses, my amazing coworkers who are more friends and family than they are coworkers, and having a stable place of employment. and i am even more thankful that God provided me with a job he knew i'd succeed in and love, even though at the time i interviewed i didn't think i'd like it at all! ;) he's so sneaky. never thought i'd like working with eyeballs..but he knew!

-15-
i am thankful that i own a pair of cowgirl boots!
{thanks to beth hamilton photography!}

AND for the many country concerts that come to this area, so that i can wear them! :)

{allie, me, and paige--eric church--summer 2011}

{tim mcgraw! summer 2008}

{jeana and me--lady antebellum--fall 2010}

{me and paige--JASON ALDEAN!--summer 2008}

{eric church--summer 2010.}

{me, jeana, and thompson square!--sept 2011}

{same night: proof i had the boots:)}

{paige, kate, me, and taylor--darius rucker--summer 2010}

i LOVE me some country concerts. and i love my boots..maybe i'll write a song about everything i've experienced with my boots! oh, wait..

1 comment:

  1. In The Picture of your job Is that Pretty Hair Pretty Teeth?! :D

    ReplyDelete